To install Fax Voip FSP, follow these steps:
1. Run setup.exe from your installation CD-ROM or ZIP archive.
2. On Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008R2 Fax Voip FSP setup program automatically checks whether Microsoft .NET Framework is installed on your computer and what version is installed. If Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is not installed, pre-installation wizard will be started and you will be prompted to install Microsoft .NET Framework. See details in the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 chapter of this user manual.
3. Fax Voip FSP setup program automatically detects whether Fax Voip FSP is already installed and what version is installed, and offers to remove Fax Voip FSP before starting of new installation. To continue with the installation click Next. When you reinstall or upgrade the software, you can choose which settings and files created in program operations should be retained, see details in the Removing the Software chapter of this user manual.
Wait for the finishing of removal of the previous version.
4. At the final window of the pre-installation wizard click Next.
5. The Fax Voip FSP Setup Wizard will be started.
6. Click Next. Follow the Setup Wizard. On the Ready to Install page click Install.
7. The setup program verifies if Windows Fax Service is installed at your computer. If not installed, the dialog box will be displayed. To install Windows Fax Service, click OK. To install the Windows Fax Service manually, see in the Install the Fax Service chapter of this user manual. If you install the Windows Fax Service after installation of Fax Voip FSP, don't forget to register Fax Voip FSP with Windows Fax Service, see in the Register the Fax Service Provider chapter of this user manual.
8. In Windows 11 and the latest versions of Windows 10, the Windows Fax and Scan is always installed and cannot be removed in Windows features. In Windows 10 (early versions), Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 7, the Fax Voip FSP setup program automatically installs Windows Fax and Scan feature.
9. In Windows Server 2022, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012/2012R2 and Windows Server 2008R2, the Fax Voip setup program automatically installs Fax Server role.
10. In Windows Server 2012/2012R2 and Windows Server 2008R2, the Fax Voip FSP setup program also checks and automatically installs Desktop Experience feature.
11. Fax Voip FSP setup program automatically configures Fax Voip FSP Service and Windows Fax Service and then starts services. The Windows Fax Service can be restarted several times during this procedure. See also Register the Fax Service Provider chapter for more details.
12. At the final window of the Setup Wizard select Yes, restart the computer now, and then click Finish.