The Fax Voip application, and also Mail to Fax (Mail to Audio) systems can be configured as Windows Service. The services can be automatically started on Windows startup, before user logon. This option is useful for multi-user systems.
It is strongly recommended to run Fax Voip mail services on behalf of the regular user account, and not under the local system or network service accounts. The specified user will be able to configure file type associations (responsible for the correct printing of various documents) and also view and manage faxes generated by the service in Windows Fax and Scan application (when using Mail to Fax based on Microsoft Fax function).
To configure Mail to Fax (Mail to Audio) systems as Windows Service
1. Open Fax Voip Control Panel. Click Options in TreeView.
2. In the case when Fax Voip is not yet configured as a service, flag the Run Fax Voip as Windows Service box, and then click Apply. In the case when Fax Voip is already configured as a service, click Select User Account button. Administrator privileges are required.
3. In the Mail to Fax (Mail to Audio) services window, specify the user name and password of the account that will be used to run the Fax Voip mail services. The user account must be in the form DOMAIN\Username. By default, Fax Voip suggests you to use the current account (with administrator rights). You should clear understand that the file type associations (responsible for correct printing of various documents) should be configured under the specified user account. Also, only the specified user will be able to view and manage faxes generated by the service in Windows Fax and Scan application (when using Mail to Fax based on Microsoft Fax function). For the reasons mentioned above, you should not run these services under system or network service accounts*. Click OK.
4. After the installation is complete, be sure that the name of the selected account is displayed in the Fax Voip Mail to Fax service... is configured to be started under this account fields, see picture below.
To change user account under which the service is started
It is assumed that Fax Voip is already configured as Windows Service.
1. Right click the Start button, and then click Computer Management.
2. In the Computer Management, on the left pane double-click Computer Management (Local), double-click Services and Applications, click Services.
3. Right click on the Fax Voip Internal Mail (Fax Voip MsFax Mail) service. On the context menu, click Properties.
4. In the Fax Voip ... Mail Properties (Local Computer) window, on the Log On page, select This account and then click Browse... .
5. In the Select User dialog, type account name and then click Check Names. Click OK.
6. Type the password for the selected user account in the Password and Confirm Password boxes, and then click OK.
7. Right click on the Fax Voip Internal Mail (Fax Voip MsFax Mail) service. On the context menu, click Restart.