1. Open Fax Voip T.38 Modem Control Panel.
2. Click VOIP in TreeView, then click SIP, then click Registrations.
3. To create new SIP Registration click New. To edit an existing SIP Registration entry select it and click Edit (or double-click the selected entry).
4. In the SIP registration window, click <Details> button to view and edit the advanced settings.
5. Make the necessary settings for the selected (or new) entry.
SIP Registrations Settings
Username (or SIP-ID)
Account identifier. This is often your username or phone number.
Password credential for authentication.
SIP Registrar Server
Address or name of the SIP registrar server to be used. Can also contain the port number. If the port number other than 5060 (default), the port number should be specified. (Examples: 'sip.voipbuster.com', 'sip.myserver.com:5064', '192.168.0.5:5068', ...) If TLS is used, the default port is 5061.
Outbound Proxy (optional)
Address or name of SIP proxy server, which is used for registration. Can also contain the port number. If the port number other than 5060 (default), the port number should be specified. (Examples: 'sip.myproxy.com', 'proxyserver.com:5080', '192.168.0.5:5065', ...). If Outbound Proxy is specified in this field, Fax Voip T.38 Modem always do registration using SIP over UDP. To use proxy with TCP or TLS transport, should use global proxy settings.
Authentication Name (optional)
Username credential for authantication. Usually not required.
Account domain. Usually not required.
SIP Contact URL (optional)
Allows to override the Contact field in the SIP message REGISTER. Usually not required. Depending on the settings of SIP server allows to redirect incoming calls to another extension or even to another SIP endpoint. If you do not understand the meaning of this field, leave it blank. Incorrect value in this field can lead to problems with SIP registration and incoming calls.
SIP Registration timeout. Default value is 180 sec.
If Default Outbound Proxy is used, the transport specified in proxy settings will be used. If individual proxy is specified in the Outbound Proxy field, SIP over UDP will be used. Note that TCP and TLS can be not supported by your server or SIP provider.
SIP over UDP (default)
Use this option to do registration and receive incoming SIP calls via UDP.
SIP over TCP
Use this option to do registration and receive incoming SIP calls via TCP.
SIP over TLS
Use this option to do registration and receive incoming SIP calls via TLS.
Restore SIP Registration
Use these options if only registration is not stable for some reasons. See more details in the Restore SIP Registration Options chapter of this user manual.
6. Click <OK> button to fix changes.
7. Use Move Up and Move Down commands to set the preference of order for SIP Registrations.
8. Note that immediately after creating or editing the status of SIP Registration will not be displayed or may be displayed incorrectly.
9. You can test the entry before saving it. See in the Test SIP Registration chapter of this user manual.
10. Click <Apply> button to save modified settings for SIP Registrations. Do not forget to restart Fax Voip T.38 Modem to operate with new settings. To do this click <STOP> button, then click <START> button.
SIP Registration status for every registration is displayed in Registration status column. Summary information is displayed in the status bar.