Possibility to use Fax Voip Virtual Printer to place fax jobs to Windows Fax Service is especially useful when creating a large number of faxes that you would like to send via Windows Fax and Scan software.
1. Prepare a list of fax numbers any way you want and save it to a plain text file. When preparing a file, you must be guided by the following rules:
- Each row can contain a single fax number.
- The fax number should be placed in the beginning of the row. Spaces and tabs at the beginning of the row are ignored.
- The row can contain any additional information such as company name, phone number etc. This information should be separated from the fax number using any of the following delimiters: space, tab or semicolon.
An example of a text file is shown in the picture below.
2. Create a fax by printing to a Fax Voip Virtual Printer. You can also use the Send a Fax command in the Fax Voip Console.
3. To send a fax using Windows Fax Service (Windows Fax and Scan) be sure that the Use Microsoft Fax Service to send this fax option is checked.
4. In the Fax Voip Send Fax Wizard window, on the Send Fax page, click Add From File.
5. In the Open dialog box select the text file and click Open.
6. Fax Voip will automatically recognize fax numbers and will add them to the list.
7. In the Fax Voip Send Fax Wizard configure additional fax options if necessary. For details see in the Send a Fax using Fax Voip Printer and Windows Fax Service chapter.
8. Click Send Fax.
Fax Voip will automatically create multiple fax jobs in the Windows Fax and Scan (Fax Console) application, in the Outbox folder. Windows Fax Service will automatically call the fax numbers and send the faxes.
- The procedure of adding multiple fax jobs to Windows Fax Service may take significant time. Depending on the number of recipients the time of waiting can be up to several minutes. The Fax Voip Send Fax Wizard can be not responsible during this procedure.
- When adding multiple fax jobs to Windows Fax Service, it is recommended to configure Scheduled Time with some delay to prevent from beginning of sending faxes before completing the procedure of adding jobs.
- Unfortunately, the Microsoft documentation does not specify the maximum number of fax jobs that can be placed in the Outbox in the Fax Console (in the Windows Fax and Scan). The maximum number of fax recipients, that can be added when creating a fax job is also not documented. Experiments show that the number of records in the Outbox and maximum number of recipients that you can add may be different for different Windows versions. For example on Windows XP, the maximum number of faxes in the Outbox is about 23000. Usually you are not able to add more than 10000 fax recipients at a time. To avoid problems, crashes and loss of fax jobs, we recommend you to test such capabilities of Windows Fax Service on your computer in advance.
- Note that in the case of working with a great number of faxes via a lot of fax lines, Windows Fax Service in combination with Fax Voip Virtual COM Ports (modems) is much more stable than operation via built-in lines and Fax Voip Console.
- You also can add multiple fax recipients from Address Book (Windows Contacts) by using Address Book button on the Send Fax page.