To connect a client computer to fax server located in your network, follow these steps:
1. In Windows Explorer, enter the name or address of the computer (Windows Server OS) in your network on which the shared fax server is installed. Click the Go to... button or press the Enter key.
2. In the Windows Security window, enter the username and password associated with the user account created on the server for sending faxes, see in the Configure Fax Server chapter of this user manual. Select Remember my credentials checkbox, this is very important. Click OK.
3. Make sure that the shared Fax printer is displayed in the folder.
4. Switch to Search pane, type control panel, and then click Control Panel. In the Control Panel click User Accounts, and then click Manage Windows Credentials.
5. In the Credential Manager, on Windows Credentials page make sure that you have an entry associated with your server computer and the user account created on the server for sending faxes. If there is no entry, create it by clicking the Add a Windows credential link, see picture below.
6. Switch to Search pane, type fax and scan, and then click Windows Fax and Scan. In Windows Fax and Scan, on the Tools menu, click Fax Account... . Click Add... .
7. On the Choose a fax modem or server page click Connect to a fax server on my network.
8. On the Type the fax server location page, enter the name or address of the computer (Windows Server OS) in your network on which the shared fax server is installed. Follow the instructions of the wizard.
9. Make sure that the fax account was created successfully.