Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) is one of the most popular formats when working with faxes. Therefore, we have to consider this topic separately. When using Mail to Fax feature, two different methods can be used, when preparing the fax from the original PDF document:
To use Direct Converting to Fax (recommended)
1. Open Fax Voip FSP Control Panel.
2. Click Fax in TreeView, then click Fax Converter.
3. In the Select file types to be converted to fax format directly list, select the check box next to the Adobe PDF file type, to use direct converting for PDF files.
4. Click <Apply> button. All the changes are applied immediately.
To print PDF files using printto
If Direct Converting to Fax is disabled for PDF files, Fax Voip FSP automatically prints PDF file using the standard program specified on your system for viewing and printing PDF files. Usually it is Adobe Acrobat Reader. Since version 8 of the Adobe Reader it has changed behavior when used to print PDF documents automatically. It will no longer close itself after being called using ShellExecute(printto, ...) API function. In this situation, PDF files can not be used as e-mail attachments.
Nevertheless, there is a solution to this issue. More information can be found at http://www.biopdf.com/:
You need to download and install Acrobat Wrapper. In this case the Adobe Reader will be closed correctly after “printing”.
If you use Adobe Reader with Mail to Fax function for processing mails with PDF attachments, the following should be taken into account:
To download and install Adobe Reader do the following:
1. Go to this web page at adobe site: Download new and previous versions of Adobe Reader .
2. Select the operation system and the language. In the Select a version field select Reader 11.0.XX English for Windows or Reader DC 2022.X.X English for Windows. We recommend you to uncheck McAfee and Chrome Extension options, not clear if you need them.
3. Click Download Acrobat Reader button and follow the installation instructions.