The example of the custom routing application (RouteOutCustomMS.exe) can be found in the Fax Voip T.38 Modem installation folder, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\FaxVoip Modem\RouteOutCustomMS.exe.
The source codes (RouteOutCustomMS.zip archive) can be found in the Fax Voip T.38 Modem data folder, usually C:\ProgramData\FaxVoip Modem\Samples\RouteOutCustomMS.zip. To unpack the archive, right click it and then select Extract All... from the context menu.
The code example is a console application written in Visual Basic .Net and can be compiled using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or later versions.
This sample demonstrates the use of a custom routing method (Microsoft Fax) for outgoing faxes, taking into account the requirements for writing such application, see also in the Custom Application Requirements (Developer's Guide) chapter of this user manual.
To use the sample
1. Copy the RouteOutCustomMS.exe file into the Fax Voip T.38 Modem installation folder. You can use a different folder, but make sure that current user account (user account under which the Mail to Fax service (MS Fax) is running) has access to your folder.
2. Open Fax Voip T.38 Modem Control Panel. Click Outgoing Methods (MS Fax) in TreeView, then click Custom.
3. On the Custom routing for outgoing faxes (Microsoft Fax) page, select the Enable custom routing check box.
4. In the Custom application that should be started after sending a fax field, enter the path to RouteOutCustomMS.exe file or select it using the small button placed to the right of the field.
5. Select the Create temporary copy of the sent fax in the following format check box. Select the file format in which the temporary copy of the outgoing fax should be created. Can be TIFF, PDF or SFF.
6. Click <Apply> button to save changes.
After sending a fax,
1. Open the Fax Voip T.38 Modem data folder in Windows Explorer, usually C:\ProgramData\FaxVoip Modem\.
2. Check the RouteOutCustomMS subfolder for RouteOutCustomMS.ini file.
3. Check the RouteOutCustomMS\Outgoing Faxes subfolder for copy of the outgoing fax.
4. The RouteOutCustomMS.txt log file is stored in the log subfolder.